We have all heard of cows milk, we’ve known to drink it as a baby to make us grow strong and healthy, but what about Sheep Milk? I recently tried sheep milk and now I am hooked, the nutritional facts will you surprise you. Read on and find out why I love it!
Sheep Milk Health Benefits:
- The fat globules in sheep milk are smaller than those in either cow or goat milk. Therefore the milk is more homogeneous. The smaller fat globules are more easily digested and are less likely to cause high cholesterol.
- Contains higher quantity of medium/short chain saturated fatty acids which help manage weight by promoting “fullness”, reduce fat deposits and easily digestible for lactose intolerant individuals.
- Several studies have demonstrated this potential use of nucleosides and nucleotides in fighting cancer and promoting healthy cell growth and treatment of a wide variety of gut conditions. These compounds are especially rich in sheep milk, with levels often 50-100 times higher than cow or human milk.
- 2X more protein than cows milk.
- Due to the high calcium content, sheep milk is good for the prevention of osteoporosis and those already suffering from it.
Next time you’re grocery shopping and reach for the cows milk, give the sheep milk a try, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the taste! I buy mine at Goodness Me, it sells for $8.00/ 1L.https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js